Monday 4 March 2013

podcasts

Mike Cracknell, Glenda Charlesworth and myself have been presenting the Arts Scene programme on Preston fm for the last 7 years. It is a weekly, hour long show which, as the name suggests, covers the arts in Preston. What the name doesn’t suggest, however, is that our guests come from all over the world. If they are in Preston they will be interviewed – and without exception they have been terrific. We try and balance local with regional and international. So we might have the Preston Lacemakers in the first half of the show and Vasily Petrenko in the second. We’ll intersperse them with appropriate music, a Poem of the Week and end up with our What’s On guide.

Which brings me to the point of why mention this on terry quinn poetry uk. Well, we have a podcast facility and if you want to listen to an interview with Billy Collins or Sarah Hymas, Alan Dent or Sophie Hannah then click on the link.

And I’m mentioning it now because I’ve just put an interview with Chris McCabe, the Librarian at the National Poetry Library, on it. I think you’ll enjoy the twenty minutes or so. Though I wish I’d mentioned the hard chairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment